Latina Lesbians of Central Florida (and all nationalities) …..
This group was established in June 2009. The city of Orlando lacked this kind of group. The need to create it was noticed by the founder Norma Crespo.
As a “transplant” from New York City and after her move to Florida, Norma noticed that there really wasn’t any kind of organization that would help bring together lesbians who were living in the Orlando area.
The Latin Lesbians of Central Florida is a fun “Meet Up Group” where Latinas and Womyn of all nationalities, their partners and friends come together for fun activities.
• Meeting with the purpose of getting to know each other on a personal basis
• Connecting with people with similar interests
• Providing information related to resources that are available to newcomers to the Orlando area
• Fun activities: dancing, bowling, biking, paint ball, beach parties, picnics, zip lining, pot luck parties, dinner with friends, art exhibits, educational activities
The idea is to get together, make new friends and just have a good time.
Activities conducted on a regular schedule:
• Monthly meetings at The Center, Orlando … Mills Avenue
• Night at the movies
• Monthly dinner at a local restaurant … different ethnicity
• Lunch in the Hood … once a month
• Participating in special events like volunteering at local food banks
The group celebrated its 4th year anniversary in June 2013.
It’s easy to become a member. Membership is free. Got to meetup.com and follow the prompts.
WE CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU!!
We ALL are ONE!!