10 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food
The impacts of additives and synthetic chemicals rather than lowering the cost of fast food simply seem to raise the cost of healthcare.
1. McDonalds Milkshakes use 50 chemicals including methyl acetate, phenethyl alcohol and a solvent to “imitate” the flavor of a real strawberry.
2. The FDA allows an average of 30 insect fragments, including rodent hair, per 100 grams of peanut butter.
3. Shellac is not only used to improve the shine of wood, it’s also used to improve the shine of jelly beans.
4. The FDA allows bacteriophages (a virus that infects and replicates within bacteria) in lunch meat and hot dogs.
5. Chicken “nuggets” use pink paste processed with chemicals and bacteria, washed in ammonia and re-flavored with more chemicals before being dyed.
6. Apparently there’s a fair amount of hair in processed food (this one seemed a little hype-y to me; even the best of us lose hair while cooking).
7. Each can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, along with phosphoric acid to enable your body to tolerate that much sugar.
8. Fast food salads contain Propylene Glycerol (lettuce is soaked in a solution of water and P.G. to help keep it crispy).
9. Many fast food chicken items contain beef additives, listed as an “extract or essence,” in order to enhance flavor.
10. “Processed” cheese contains 49% of additives, chemicals and flavorings
And a bonus #11: virtually all fast food is packed with GMOs — primarily from canola oil and corn byproducts.”
Source of the info and graphic: PositiveMe
We ALL are ONE!! Be proactive about health!