Puerto Rico, officially the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico), is an unincorporated territory of the United States, located in the northeastern Caribbean, east of the Dominican Republic and west of both the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands.
Puerto Rico is only 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, making it the smallest island of the Greater Antilles. Puerto Rico (Spanish for “rich port”) is made up of an archipelago that includes the main island of Puerto Rico and several islands: Vieques, Culebra, Mona and numerous islets.
I invite you to take some time to explore the tropical island of Puerto Rico, where you can find local exotic hideaways, miles of white sandy beaches, mountains and valleys, and many other natural wonders. In addition to the natural splendors you will find yourself surrounded by warm and friendly people.
Within these pages you can find a wide scope of information pertaining to the island, its culture and people, and every detail that makes Puerto Rico, a magnificent and unique island.
Interesting facts/Country Profile:
1. Capital: San Juan
2. Location: Caribbean, island between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, east of the Dominican Republic.
3. Coordinates: 18°15’N, 66°30’W
4. Climate: Tropical Marine, average temperatures year round between 80 °F (26.7 °C) and 70 °F (21.1 °C).
5. Time Zone: Atlantic Standard (UTC – 4:00).
6. Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
7. Population: 3,706,690 (2011)
8. Nationality: Puerto Rican.
9. Primary ethnicity: Hispanic
-Ethnic composition: white (mostly Spanish origin) 80.5%, black 8%, Amerindian 0.4%, Asian 0.2%, mixed and other 10.9%.
10. National anthem: La Borinqueña
11. Official language: Spanish and English
12. Government: Democracy, Republic
13. Total area: 9,104 sq km (3,515 sq mi)
Source, excerpt: http://www.topuertorico.org/
We ALL are ONE!! ALL Puerto Ricans, like “birds of a feather”, stick together!!!