The Throat Chakra is associated with the color sky blue.
This chakra is our will center. The healthfulness of the fifth chakra is in relation to how honestly one expresses himself/herself. Lying violates the body and spirit . We speak our choices with our voices (throats).
All choices we make in our lives have consequences on an energetic level. Even choosing not to make a choice such as in repressing our anger (not speaking out) may manifest into laryngitis. We have all experienced that “lump in our throat” when we are at a crossroad of not knowing how to speak the right words in any given situation, perhaps even stuffing our own emotions. A challenge of the throat chakra is to express ourselves in the most truthful manner. Also to receive and assimilate information. Seek only the truth.
Chakra Five – Associations
• Color – blue
• Sanskrit Name – vishuddha
• Physical Location – throat, neck region
• Purposes – learning to take responsibility for one’s own needs
• Spiritual Lesson – confession, surrender personal will over to divine will, faith, truthfulness over deceit
• Physical Dysfunctions- sore throat, mouth ulcers, scoliosis, swollen glands, thyroid dysfunctions, laryngitis, voice problems, gum or tooth problems, TMJ
• Mental and Emotional Issues – personal expression, creativity, addiction, criticism, faith, decision making (choices), will, lack of authority
• Information Stored Inside Throat Chakra – self-knowledge, truth, attitudes, hearing, taste, smell
• Area of Body Governed – throat, thyroid, trachea, neck vertebrae, mouth, teeth, gums, esophagus, parathyroid, hyperthalamus
Opening the throat chakra:
We ALL are ONE!! We ALL are connected!!