… and here’s the sad news!!
‘According to a ThinkProgress analysis of the media
monitoring site TVEyes between 10 am EST on October
21 and midnight, Fox News and MSNBC barely
discussed the Sparks Middle School shooting on
- ‘Fox News had 9 mentions of the shooting’,
- ‘while MSNBC talked about the shooting just 5 times’.
- ‘CNN’s coverage was more regular, mentioning the keyword “Sparks” 19 times’.
‘By contrast, another breaking news event on
Tuesday attracted a flurry of media attention. The
hype surrounding Apple’s press conference releasing
the new iPad and iPad mini started growing hours
before the event’.
‘All in all, the Apple event got more coverage than
the Sparks shooting on all three channels’:
- ‘CNN mentioned the Apple event 23 times on Tuesday’,
- ‘while Fox News mentioned it 12 times’
- ‘and MSNBC mentioned it 9 times’.