Today marks a very special day for me personally.
I have been nominated for the “Blog of the Year 2013” award by “Blackbutterfly 7 @ http://blackbutterfly7.wordpress.com today.
This is my sixth nomination and therefore completes the award.
When I woke up this morning, I found the notification related to this post from “Blackbutterfly 7. The post described the how BB7 views her nominees.
I will use her words here because they deeply touched my heart.
“It is What it Is”, Dr. Rex, (Horty), is a magnificent, busy blogger. I don’t know how she does it. She begins the day with a good morning post, and ends her blogging day with an end of the day post. In between, Horty posts on a variety of subjects and always finds time to discuss with those commenting. She keeps up with the news, the news within the news, and the news that’s waiting to become news. Her blog is VIBRANT. Horty supports the Word Press Community by displaying blogs that she follows, and she always finds time to visit other blogs and leave her calling card by way of leaving a like and/or a comment. When I grow up, I want to be like Horty.”
I’m beyond honored.
I’m impressed that my writings and posts have been considered good enough by those who I have met on “cyberspace” whose blogs are awesome to me. I learn from all of you everyday. I deeply admire and look up to those whose blogs I follow. I consider you my teachers, my masters, my inspiration. my guides and my examples to follow.
“It is What is Is” — VIBRANT!? Wow …. this is a word that BB7 has used!!
Thank you for describing my blog like you have …
coming from you, this means a lot to me.
I’m beyond words to express my gratitude and “wonderment” at your opinion of this blog which was started in March 2013 as a continuation of my life-long profession.
I humbly and very gratefully accept this award that Blackbutterfly 7 has nominated for my blog.
I promise and commit to continue writing quality posts covering topics that may be of interest, may educate the readers, bring some humor to your life and may motivate someone in need. This is my calling now … as long as I have a PC or laptop I will try to do the best I can.
I’m honored and I humbly accept this award!!
Hugs and blessing sent to you all of you who follow my blog!! Thank you ….. deep from within my heart!
My blog is a young one. I started it in March 2013.
I had been working for almost 40 years as a physician. The last 28 of them as a federal employee with the Department of Veterans Affairs … a very busy, taxing, stressing and rewarding job. My daily routine was get up early, get ready, commute to work and sit in an office documenting all the interactions with the veterans who were under my care. I retired from that job in February 22, 2013.
I learned a lot from them. I felt for them and I tried my best to attend to all their needs. I educated them about their conditions, their management, their benefits. I listened to their stories and their troubles. I’d like to think that I helped them to the best of my ability.
Then I found myself with so much time in my hands …. what do I do now, I wondered.
With the help of a dear friend, who suggested that I start blogging and “It is What it Is” was born. Since then, this has become a new passion. Why?
Because I feel that I get to continue educating, managing, listening and helping … to the best of my abilities.
Now, for the instructions to accept nomination:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog of The Year 2013 Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4. Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
6. And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award – and proudly display the award on your blog – and start collecting stars!
This is a VERY prestigious Award! There are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ’1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star! There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
My parameters in selecting my nominees continue to be:
- The amount of knowledge that I have received by following your blog
- The varied topics that are selected and written about
- The obvious amount of reading, research and preparation that goes into every post that I read on your blog
- The authenticity that I “perceive” as I read your material
- The interactions that we’ve had in the comments section
- They say that copying is the best form of flattery …. I have copied some ideas from your blogs to use in mine
- I don’t read newspapers, I’ve really never have. The ink makes my hands dirty …. I don’t have a need to read them at all now because I my source of news, updates, recipes, art and entertainment and more ….. by following your posts
- I can truthfully say that I’ve become a better informed, educated and well-rounded individual because of what I’ve learned from following your blog.
I nominate the following blogs for “Blogger of the year 2013”:
- http://idealisticrebel.wordpress.com/ …. Barbara
- http://bishoptatro.wordpress.com/ …. Eddie
- http://blackbutterfly7.wordpress.com/ ….. Xena
- http://hopeandloveradio.com/ …. Stephanie
- http://deodatusblog.wordpress.com/ … Deo
- http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/ …. Shaun … I know that Shaun has completed his “6” stars. I nominated him again because he was the one who started this award for “It is What is Is“. He was the one to nominate my blog for the first star. I believe in closing the circle …… Here is another one … Shauny!
… and to paraphrase a wonderful Hollywood actor – Ms. Sally Field ….
The 1st ‘Like’ Academy Award. Winner – Sally Fields Acceptance Speech
“You like me!”
We ALL are ONE!
We ALL are connected by this wonderful WEB!!!