~~March 26, 2014~~
National Agricultural Day is a day to recognize and celebrate the abundance provided by agriculture. Every year, producers, agricultural associations, government agencies and countless others across America join together to recognize the contributions of agriculture.
Official Website: http://www.agday.org/
The Agriculture Council of America (ACA) is an organization uniquely composed of leaders in the agriculture, food and fiber communities dedicated to increasing the public awareness of agriculture’s vital role in our society. The Agriculture Council of America and the National Ag Day program was started in 1973.
ACA believes that every American should:
- Understand how food and fiber products are produced.
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
- Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- Acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food and fiber industry.
The primary focus of ACA is to conduct the National Agriculture Day Program which occurs in March of every year.
- Support and encourage programs and activities in observance of National Agriculture Day by organizations, companies and individuals.
- Provide planning information and materials in support of National Agriculture Day programs and activities.
- Inform trade and general media about National Agriculture Day and provide information to increase awareness.
- Involve the agricultural public relations community in support of National Agriculture Day.
ACA is a not-for-profit (501-c-6) organization and maintains the ACA Education Foundation which is an educational foundation (501-c-3) organization. These organizations are supported through a management contract with the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA).
To accomplish its purpose, the ACA receives funding from companies, associations, foundations and individuals. Contributions to the ACA are not tax deductible under the policies of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Contributions to the ACA Education Foundation may be tax-deductible. Contributors are encouraged to consult a tax advisor.
“It’s National Agriculture Day, March 25, 2014. We’d like to recognize farmer Jas Singh of God’s Little Acre Farm in Surrey BC. In 2011, God’s Little Acre was a 30 acre hay field. Leaving the corporate world behind, Jas Singh took on the challenge of turning a hay field into a potato field for those in need.
Following a vision, Jas undertook a farming venture for the needy. At the time he acquired the farm ($1) lease, he had $110 to his name and the only asset owned was a pick up truck which was broken down so he borrowed a vehicle from a friend.
With one working tractor and one clutchless one, he borrowed machinery from local farms, financed seed potato and acquired fertilizer that was picked up off the pavement at a loading facility. Gods Little Acre was born. Thank you Jas for all that you do!”
READ MORE HERE: http://godslittleacrefarm.com/our-story/
Visit and like his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/GodsLittleAcreFarm
~~2014 National Ag Day Video Essay Contest Winner~~
~~Published on Feb 10, 2014~~
Video Essay Contest winner is Brackston McKnight of Jacksonville High School in Jacksonville, TX.
We ALL are connected through AGRICULTURE!!
We ALL are ONE!!