1% of people, half the world’s wealth


…. and this is where we are headed!! SMH …. Equality!

Dear Kitty. Some blog

This video is called Richest 1% to own half of world’s wealth by 2016, says Oxfam.

From daily The Morning Star in Britain:

1% of people will soon own half of the world’s wealth

Monday 19th January 2014

Oxfam study shows gap is widening between rich and poor

WEALTH accumulated by the world’s richest 1 per cent will exceed that of the other 99 per cent by next year, Oxfam warned today.

A report by the anti-poverty charity in preparation for the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, later this week suggested the wealthiest 1 per cent had seen their slice of global assets rise from 44 per cent in 2009 to 48 per cent last year.

World Economic Forum, cartoon

The figure is on track to exceed 50 per cent this year, with Oxfam saying that the richest 1 per cent held an average of £1.8m each.

Meanwhile 80 per cent of…

View original post 334 more words

This entry was posted in Equality by Dr. Rex. Bookmark the permalink.

About Dr. Rex

I'm originally from Puerto Rico. I was born in Santurce and raised in Rio Piedras. Have lived in Florida since 1999. I have a doctorate degree in Medicine; completed in 1976. My Internal Medicine specialty was completed in 1979. Worked for Puerto Rico's health system until 1985. At this time, I'm happily retired after working for the federal government for almost 28yrs. I want to offer any knowledge that I have to anyone "out there" who is interested. My views are liberal in almost every sense. My knowledge is "eclectic" - a bit of everything. Music and reading are my passion. Blogging has also become a very interesting endeavor. Metaphysical topics attract me. I'm interested in news reporting human issues like injustice, discrimination and abuse - the "wrongly" affected. My intention is to bring this knowledge to an understandable level and to help anyone in need. I'm open to questions and will answer them to the best of my ability. Currently working on an enterprise whose main mission will be to bring peoples of all walks of life together. To be one .... since we ALL are ONE!! The future looks bright and promising!!!

5 thoughts on “1% of people, half the world’s wealth

  1. That gives the 1% the responsibility to reach out and help others. Will they? I doubt it. The 1% seems to feel that they are America’s nobility. They are not. We are a democracy which means they do not have more rights than the peasants. The 99% is never going to turn into peasants. We fought for our freedom and equality. And we won. We will never give that freedom up. Reach out and pull someone else up. You will be blessed. Hugs, and love, Barbara

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.