Traveling with the ladies!!
PIAZZA DEL POPOLO, SOUTH SIDE
Upon settling in our Roman apartment, we set off the next morning to check out the lay of the land. If we walked a short distance west, we’d quickly reach the walkway for the Tiber River. If we walked 2 blocks east towards Via Flaminia and then continued south, we would soon find ourselves at the Piazza del Popolo, which splits at the southern section into three streets. The center road is Via del Corso; the Via del Babuino is to the left and the Via di Ripetta is to the right. The twin churches of Santa Maria dei Miracoli (1681) and Santa Maria in Montesanto (1679), begun by Carlo Rainaldi and completed by Bernini and Carlo Fontana, define the junctions of the roads.
At a close by newspaper booth, we were able to purchase the Roma Pass (36 euros) for 72 hours which allows the holder free access…
View original post 1,013 more words