“The Riggs National Bank” …. E. Francis Riggs …. declared “war against all Puerto Ricans”!! Take a look …. no good here!!
For over a century, the Riggs National Bank was the largest bank in Washington, D.C. Its headquarters at 1503-1505 Pennsylvania Avenue NW was right across the street from the Treasury Department, a few hundred feet away from the White House.
The bank loaned the US government $16 million in 1847 for a war against Mexico and $7.2 million in 1868 for the purchase of Alaska. Fourteen US presidents of their families had banked at Riggs, including Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant.
With branches throughout the US, England, Germany, and the Bahamas, Riggs specialized in “private international banking” for wealthy clients and “embassy banking” for 95 percent of the foreign ministries and embassies located in Washington.
Throughout Latin America the Riggs National Bank was known for bribing entire legislatures, destabilizing democratic regimes, and financing right-wing military coups that were disguised as “revolutions,” on behalf of the United Fruit Company.
View original post 137 more words