~~April 14, 2016~~
BRING BACK OUR GIRLS
Nigeria’s abducted Chibok girls two years on
When Boko Haram kidnapped 276 students from a girls’ school in Chibok in north-eastern Nigeria in April 2014, world leaders and online activists united to call for their return.
But two years later, 219 students are still missing.
So where does that leave the #BringBackOurGirls campaign?
“As it appears in … full read/full credit”
April 14th is the 2nd anniversary of the kidnapping of the Chibok girls
276 bright, amazing students were taken. Across the world, people will be marching. Marching in the streets and marching on social media. We ask you to join us. Write letters, tweet leaders, organize a march or hold a vigil in honor of the brave girls that we will not forget.
We will raise our voices together to BRING BACK OUR GIRLS.
Join the school girl march. #bringbackourgirls #wewillneverforget#HopeEndures #BringBackOurGirlsNOW
Or write a letter – email your local government, senators, congress, prime minister. Demand that they put pressure on the Nigerian government to find the Chibok girls and bring them home to safety.
I do not own these images.
No intention of taking credit.
If anyone knows the owner of any, please advise and it will be corrected immediately.
#IOTD #ImageOfTheDay #491#DearBloggerFriend #NigeriasAbducted #ChibokGirls #TwoYearsAnniversary #BokoHaram #KidnappedStudents #GirlsSchool #NorthEasternNigeria #BringBackOurGirls #WeWillNeverForget #HopeEndures #BringBackOurGirlsNow
#WeAllAreOne #ItIsWhatItIs #DrRex #HortyRex #hrexachwordpress
~~Proof of life for some kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls~~
~~Published on Apr 13, 2016~~
New and recent video and pictures of kidnapped Chibok girls obtained from Boko Haram hideout
Tagged proof of life recording, the 2 minutes video believed to have been shot in December last year, was obtained from one of the people negotiating for the release of the girls.
The video shows some of the girls mentioning their names while a portion of the video shows some of their mothers identifying the girls.
Rifkatu Ayuba who is one of the mothers of the girls saw her 17 year old daughter Saratu for the first time after the video was shown to her
“My Saratu!” she wailed, reaching out to a laptop screen, the closest she’s been to her child in two years.
“I felt like removing her from the screen. If I could, I would have removed her from the screen.”she said.
A source close to negotiations between Boko Haram and the Nigerian govt said the video was provided by the terror group as an act of good faith.
CNN obtained a video of some of the “Chibok Girls” sent to negotiators by their captors as a “proof of life.”
The video had been seen by negotiators and some members of the government.
But no one had shown the parents.
We ALL are ONE!!