‘The Battle for Paradise: Resisting Disaster Capitalism in Puerto Rico’ …
Our Power Puerto Rico, UPROSE, Climate Justice Alliance, The Intercept, and Haymarket Books Present
The Battle for Paradise: Resisting Disaster Capitalism in Puerto Rico
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Registration requested; Eventbrite registrants will be admitted first; all admission is first-come, first-served.
• Elizabeth Yeampierre, Executive Director, UPROSE
• Naomi Klein, Senior Correspondent at The Intercept and author of The Battle for Paradise: Puerto Rico Takes on the Disaster Capitalists
• Juan González, co-host, Democracy Now!
• Katia R. Avilés-Vázquez, Organización Boricuá
• Edwin Morales, Vice President, Teachers’ Union of Puerto Rico
• Solidarity greetings from Mercedes Martínez, President, Teachers’ Union of Puerto Rico
with a welcome by Betsy Reed, Editor-in-Chief of The Intercept.
In the rubble of Hurricane Maria, Puerto Ricans and ultrarich “Puertopians” are locked in a pitched struggle over how to remake the island…
View original post 149 more words