Puerto Rico Loses Power …. 🇵🇷 Islandwide Again …. WTH? 🇵🇷 …. “!!


PRP1

~~April 19, 2018~~ 

IT’S RESTORING, NOT UPDATING

My heart and soul ache for my country.

There’s so much need and so little help from the ‘owner’ of the colony.

The governance of the mighty, imperialistic U.S. of A. doesn’t care.

That says a lot to me!

I know where my loyalty lies.

HortyRex©

PRP3

~BREAKING: Island of Puerto Rico Experiencing Blackout~

NowThis Facebook Video

RedLineBAguirre

Puerto Rico has experienced an islandwide blackout seven months after Hurricane María hit the island and devastated much of its infrastructure.

Every single power customer on the U.S. territory is without power, NPR’s Adrian Florido reports from San Juan.

More than 3 million people are affected. It’s the first total blackout since Hurricane María.

PREPA, Puerto Rico’s electrical utility, says a fault was detected on a transmission line between two power plants and that service will be restored gradually. It could take 24 to 36 hours for power to be restored for some customers, the utility says.

Hospitals, the island’s main airport, water pumping systems and banking centers will receive priority as PREPA works to restore service.

img_8739

This is the first complete blackout since the hurricane, but over that seven-month span, the island had never restored full service. Before this blackout began, The Associated Press says, 40,000 people in Puerto Rico still had not regained “normal electricity service.”

In February, an explosion at a power substation plunged San Juan back into darkness. Earlier this month, a tree fell on a transmission line and cut power to more than half the island’s population, as Adrian has reported:

“The accident occurred in the region of Cayey, where crews were working to restore power to people still waiting nearly seven months after Hurricane María. Increasingly, that work requires clearing away heavily forested mountainsides to gain access to the large utility poles that carry transmission lines from one mountain peak to the next. “It was during that kind of work that a tree falling toward the ground made contact with the power line instead.

~Why is it so hard for power to be restored in Puerto Rico?~

As Tim Webber reported for NPR last fall, the island is struggling with an “outdated, aboveground power grid” that has lagged behind infrastructure improvements in the rest of America.

“As it appears in … full read/full credit”

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/18/603569966/puerto-rico-loses-power-again

img_8784WFE

WE REMEMBER HOW THIS TURNED OUT!

CobEMamm

The job of restoring power on Puerto Rico after Hurricane María is mammoth in size

And a contract held by a subsidiary of Oklahoma City-based Mammoth Energy Services involved in doing the work is getting big, too.

“As it appears in … full read/full credit”

http://newsok.com/article/5585539/mammoth-energy-services-contract-to-restore-power-in-puerto-rico-doubles-in-size-again

Puerto Rico Risks Historic Default As Congress Chooses Inaction

#HurricaneMaria #USTerritory #USColony #USPossession #SevenMonthsAfter #IslandwideBlackout #WhitefishEnergy #CobraEnergy #MammothEnergyServices #PuertoRicanLivesMatter #HeartSoulAche #MyCountry #SecondClassCitizens #AguirrePlant #PuertoRicanLivesMatter

#WeAlllAreOne #ItIsWhatItIs #DrRex #HortyRex #hrexachwordpress

ImagesMeimg_8783

MY HEART AND SOUL ACHE FOR MY COUNTRY!! 

WeOneimg_6356-3

 

Thoughts for today, #418 …. “Clinton vs. Trump …. Most-Watched Presidential Debate Ever …. “!


ellvote

~~September 39, 2016~~ 

CLINTON-TRUMP SHOWDOWN

The Most-Watched Presidential Debate Ever

An estimated 84 million people watched Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in their first debate Monday, September 26, according to TV ratings data from Nielsen, making it the most-watched debate ever.

These figures top the ratings for the 1980 debate between Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, when just under 81 million people tuned in.

As The Associated Press reports,

“No debate since then had exceeded 70 million viewers.”

Nielsen’s numbers include 13 television networks.

They don’t account for viewers who watched the debate online – and NPR’s media correspondent David Folkenflik has been crunching those numbers.

“As it appears in … full read/full credit”

http://www.npr.org/

redlineb

When you add viewers who used other ‘channels’, the number increases to 100 million.

Other options included Twitter, YouTube and varied social media.

“If you are interested enough to watch, I hope you’re interested enough to vote.”

Ellen DeGeneres

I agree!

Go vote!

HortyRex©

redlineb

~~GRAPHIC SOURCE~~ 

Ellen DeGeneres Twitter Feed

polusa

#ThoughtsForToday #418 #AwesomeGraphic #HillaryClinton #DonaldTrump #ClintonVersusTrump #MostWatchedPresidentialDebateEver #Millions #TVRatings #NielsenData #Twitter #YouTube #SocialMedia #InterestedEnoughWatch #InterestedEnoughVote #EllenDeGeneres #DavidFolkenflik

#WeAllAreOne #ItIsWhatItIs #DrRex #HortyRex #hrexachwordpress

redlineb

We ALL are ONE!! 

itistru2

“Bring Back Our Girls” …. Nigeria!


~~May 6, 2014~~

How More Than 300 Girls Were Kidnapped By Extremists

The girls in the school dorm could hear the sound of gunshots from a nearby town. So when armed men in uniforms burst in and promised to rescue them, at first they were relieved.

“Don’t worry, we’re soldiers,” one 16-year-old girl recalls them saying. “Nothing is going to happen to you.”

The gunmen commanded the hundreds of students at the Chibok Government Girls Secondary School to gather outside. The men went into a storeroom and removed all the food. Then they set fire to the room.

“They … started shouting, ‘Allahu Akhbar,’ (God is great),” the 16-year-old student said. “And we knew.”

What they knew was chilling: The men were not government soldiers at all. They were members of the ruthless Islamic extremist group called Boko Haram. They kidnapped the entire group of girls and drove them away in pickup trucks into the dense forest.

Three weeks later, 276 girls are still missing. At least two have died of snakebite, and about 20 others are ill, according to an intermediary who is in touch with their captors.

Their plight — and the failure of the Nigerian military to find them — has drawn international attention to an escalating Islamic extremist insurrection that has killed more than 1,500 so far this year. Boko Haram, the name means “Western education is sinful,” has claimed responsibility for the mass kidnapping and threatened to sell the girls. The claim was made in a video seen Monday. The British and U.S. governments have expressed concern over the fate of the missing students, and protests have erupted in major Nigerian cities and in New York.

The 16-year-old was among about 50 students who escaped on that fateful day, and she spoke for the first time in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. The AP also interviewed about 30 others, including Nigerian government and Borno state officials, school officials, six relatives of the missing girls, civil society leaders and politicians in northeast Nigeria and soldiers in the war zone. Many spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing that giving their names would also reveal the girls’ identities and subject them to possible stigmatization in this conservative society.

The Chibok girls school is in the remote and sparsely populated northeast region of Nigeria, a country of 170 million with a growing chasm between a north dominated by Muslims and a south by Christians. Like all schools in Borno state, Chibok, an elite academy of both Muslim and Christian girls, had been closed because of increasingly deadly attacks by Boko Haram. But it had reopened to allow final-year students to take exams.

At about 11 p.m. on April 14, a local government official, Bana Lawal, received a warning via cell phone. He was told that about 200 heavily armed militants in 20 pickup trucks and more than 30 motorcycles were headed toward his town.

Lawal alerted the 15 soldiers guarding Chibok, he said. Then he roused sleeping residents and told them to flee into the bush and the nearby hills. The soldiers sent an SOS to the nearest barracks, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, an hour’s drive on a dirt road.

No help arrived.

~~SOURCE/FULL READ~~

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/nigerian-girl-describes-kidnap-276-missing-23602112

http://www.smh.com.au/world/i-abducted-your-girls–by-allah-i-will-sell-them-nigerian-islamist-leader-claims-responsibility-for-mass-abduction-20140506-zr557.html

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/04/16/Nigeria_unrest_Huge_search_for_abducted_schoolgirls/

https://www.facebook.com/bringbackourgirls?fref=photo

~~Bring back our girls~~

~~Published on May 1, 2014~~

On April 16, over 230 school girls were kidnapped from their dorm rooms by terrorists in Nigeria. The world has done nothing to rescue them. 

This video was made by Louis King, a young Nigerian Director. The voice you hear is of a father of one of our kidnapped girl’s 

Join us on twitter/rescueourgirls and facebook.com/bringbackourgirls and let uss march on social media to raise awareness.

Write and call your leaders. Now. #bringbackourgirls

We ALL are ONE!! 

SpreadW